1. To complete this application, you will need to access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute. You may access these databases through the Chamberlain College of Nursing Online Library.
2. The APN Professional Development Plan paper is worth 225 points and will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
3. Create your manuscript using Microsoft Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents.
4. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted under the Q & A Forum or emailed to your faculty.
5. The length of the paper is to be no less than 6 and no greater than 8 pages excluding title page and reference pages. In some cases, students may need to exceed this page number.
6. APA (2010) format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
1. Introduction to the APN professional development plan- Discuss the goals and purpose of an APN professional development plan
2. APN Scope of Practice – This pertains to NP practice in your state.
3. Personal Assessment using Benner’s Self-Assessment Tool
4. Networking and Marketing Strategies