The Job Redesign and Workplace Rewards Assessment is a two-part project that asks you to assess the current state of your workplace environment in regard to how it motivates–or fails to motivate–employees to affect increased job satisfaction and workplace productivity.
Prepare a 1,750- to 2,100-word assessment focusing on a selected job or department in your company in regard to the related system of goal-setting, performance evaluation, and workplace rewards that affect productivity and job satisfaction. Address the following:
- Identify the position’s current major components, tasks, or responsibilities. Does the job allow any self-management or sense of choice? Does the position cultivate a sense of intrinsic motivation?
- Briefly discuss current company-wide rewards, such as bonus plans or profit-sharing, and one-to-one rewards, such as praise or recognition. Examine and evaluate if these rewards are effective in motivating behavior for this position.
- Identify how goals are used at your company with regard to the position. Consider what kinds of goals are set, how the goals are set, and if the goal system is effective for this position.
Prepare a 7- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation based on Part One. Address the various ways a position could be redesigned to increase job satisfaction and productivity. The proposed modification can be made to the position or department, or to the company’s broader system of goal-setting, performance evaluation, and workplace rewards. Include the following:
- Explore the various job redesign approaches to revise the position.
- Describe the position’s major components, tasks, or responsibilities after it has been redesigned.
- What recommendations would you make to improve your company’s reward system with regard to this position?
- What recommendations would you make to improve the goal system to increase productivity and job satisfaction for this position?
- Recommend an implementation plan for bringing the redesigned position into the organization. Consider factors that might affect an employee’s intrinsic or extrinsic motivation.
Include at least three to five sources.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.